HARP Can Help
Thought you were stuck with that high rate on your mortgage because the value of your home decreased? Think again. The HARP program may be an option.
What is the HARP program?
The Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) was created by the Federal Government to help homeowners, who are current on their mortgage payments but have little to no equity in their homes, refinance their mortgage. If you owe as much or more than your home is currently worth you could be eligible for a HARP refinance.
With HARP you can:
- Lower your payment
- Lower your rate
- Shorten your term
- Primary residence
- Second home
- Investment properties
- Unlimited LTV
- No appraisal needed (for most properties)
Are You Eligible for HARP? Yes, if you meet the following criteria:
- Loan must be owned or backed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.
- Mortgage must be upside down or loan-to-value ratio is greater than 80%.
- Must be current on mortgage payments. No 30-day+ late payments in last 6 months. No more than one late payment in past 12 months.
- Mortgage must be originated on or before May 31, 2009.
Ready to get started? Follow these steps.
Step 1: Gather your financial information. Make sure you have your basic financial and loan information on hand. You’ll need:
- Your mortgage statements, including information on a second mortgage (if applicable); and
- Your income details (paystub or income tax return).
Step 2: Contact one of our loan officers directly at (732) 626-9827.