WHAT DOES GREENWAY LOOK AT TO DETERMINE IF A CLIENT IS QUALIFIED FOR A MORTGAGE?
The mortgage process can be daunting, especially the early stages of qualification! We ask many questions that may not seem to relate to a mortgage and request a significant amount of documentation. Guidelines have become more stringent to ensure the borrower is given a mortgage they can afford. Understanding the underwriting process can help ease stress and streamline the effort. In general, mortgage lenders like Greenway observe the 4Cs of borrower qualification – Credit, Character, Capacity and Collateral. Since every client’s financial situation and scenario varies, the 4Cs help Greenway determine if a particular borrower and property are mortgage-worthy.
You can get more information on qualification and the mortgage process by watching some of my other videos and blog posts. Check the show notes below for links to those.
I hope you enjoy and I am always ready to answer any questions you may have.
And when you're ready to start the home buying (or refinance) process be sure to reach out to me directly.
- Download our 4-Cs Infographic
- [VIDEO] Q&A with ETE (FB Link)
- [VIDEO] 5 steps to mortgage qualification (FB Link)
- (BLOG) Why Pre-Approval Should Be Step One for First-Time Home Buyers
- Get pre-approved: ecarvelli.greenwaymortgage.com/prequalify
- Mortgage payment calculator
- Erin's mobile app: ecarvelli.mortgagemapp.com
- With an on-the-go payment calculator and pre-approval request
- Or text: ETE to 36260
- Website: smt.greenwaymortgage.com
- GreenwayMortgageAtTheShore on Facebook.
- GreenwayMtgSL on Twitter
- LinkedIn: Erin Carvelli